Aluminum sulfate (chemical formula Al2 (SO4) 3, type 342.15), white orthorhombic crystalline powder, density 1.69g / mL (25 ℃). In the paper industry as a rosin glue, wax emulsion and other compounds of the precipitant, water treatment as a flocculant, but also for the foam fire extinguisher, the manufacture of alum, aluminum white raw materials, oil bleaching, deodorant, some Drug raw materials and so on. But also the manufacture of man-made gemstones and higher ammonium alum.
About 50% of the total output of aluminum sulfate is the first major use for paper, the second largest use is in drinking water, industrial water and industrial wastewater treatment to do flocculants, accounting for about 40% of the total output of aluminum sulfate. When aluminum sulfate is added to this type of water, it can produce colloidal flakes of aluminum hydroxide which can adsorb and precipitate bacteria, colloids and other suspended matter, and can control the color and taste of water in drinking water treatment.
First, the physical nature
Industrial products are gray, flaky, granular or massive, with low iron salt with light green, and because of low-cost iron salt is oxidized and the surface yellow. The crude product is a white fine fine crystal structure.
Easily soluble in water, aluminum sulfate in pure sulfuric acid can not dissolve (but coexistence), in sulfuric acid solution and sulfuric acid dissolved in water, so the solubility of aluminum sulfate in sulfuric acid is the solubility of aluminum sulfate in water.
There are no water and octadecahydrate. Anhydrous is a colorless, orthorhombic crystal. Soluble in water, aqueous solution was acidic, slightly soluble in ethanol. The solubility in water increases with increasing temperature. Octadecyl hydrate (Al2 · (SO4) 3 · 18H2O) is a colorless monoclinic crystal. Soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol. The aqueous solution is acidic due to hydrolysis.
Second, the chemical nature
Not easy to weather and lose crystal water, relatively stable, heating will be dehydrated, high temperature will be decomposed into alumina and sulfur oxides. Heated to 770 ℃ began to break down into alumina, sulfur trioxide, sulfur dioxide and water vapor. Soluble in water, acid and alkali, insoluble in ethanol. The aqueous solution is acidic. Hydrolysis produces aluminum hydroxide. The aqueous solution can boil for a long time to produce basic aluminum sulfate. Non-toxic, dust can stimulate the eyes. The hydrolyzate has a base salt and a precipitate of aluminum hydroxide. Easily combined with potassium, sodium, ammonium salt to form alum, such as potassium aluminum potassium kAl (SO4) 2 · 12H2O. When the hydrate is heated, it swells violently and becomes sponge, and when heated to red heat, it is decomposed into sulfur trioxide and alumina.
Third, the main purpose
Used as an effective crosslinking agent for animal glue, and can improve the viscosity of animal glue. Also used as urea curing agent curing agent, 20% aqueous solution curing faster.
Paper industry as rosin glue, wax emulsion and other compounds of the precipitant, water treatment for flocculants, but also for the foam fire extinguisher, the manufacture of alum, aluminum white raw materials, oil bleaching, deodorant, some drugs Of raw materials and so on. But also the manufacture of man-made gemstones and higher ammonium alum. Arsenic content of not more than 5mg / kg of products can be used for water treatment flocculant.
1. Paper industry used as a paper sizing agent to enhance the paper's water, impermeability;
2. Dissolved in water can make the water in the small particles and natural particles condensed into large pieces of floc, and thus removed from the water, it is used as water and wastewater coagulants;
3. Used as a turbid water purification agent, also used as a precipitant, fixing agent, filler and so on. In cosmetics used as antiperspirant cosmetics raw materials (astringent);
4. Fire industry, with baking soda, foaming agent composed of foam fire extinguishing agent;
5. Analysis reagents, mordant, tanning agent, oil decolorizer, wood preservative;
6. Albumin pasteurization stabilizer (including liquid or frozen whole egg, protein or egg yolk);
7. Can be used as raw materials for the manufacture of artificial gemstones and higher ammonium alum, other aluminates;
8. In the fuel industry, in the production of chrome yellow and lake dye as a precipitant, while the role of fixing and filling agent.
- Inorganic Chromium To The Developme...
- Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfat...
- Fertilizer Industry Towards A Marke...
- Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate Use ...
- Nickel Sulphate Market Demand Condi...
- Food Grade Phosphoric Acid Food Gra...
- 60% Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate ...
- Copper Chloride Applications
- Malonic Acid Usage Considerations
- Characteristics Of Compound Fertilizer
- The Use Of Industrial Aluminum Sulf...